I’m Brit, a personal trainer based in South-West London. I founded Fit Brit Collective in 2016, and since then I’ve been connecting with and empowering women in one of London’s most iconic communities.
I haven’t always been a personal trainer. For many years I worked as a journalist for lifestyle magazines such as Men’s Health, Women’s Health and ELLE. I then fell into a pretty special gig re-defining the tone of voice for my favourite British athleisure brand Sweaty Betty, where I somehow ended up teaching a fitness class to my fellow HQ employees and got as hooked on coaching exercise as I am on writing about it. After a couple years learning the ropes with incredible boutique fitness studios like Heartcore and Paola’s Bodybarre, I knew I had something different to bring to the fitness world. So I did… Oh, and, small world, I was also asked to become a Sweaty Betty Ambassador shortly after launching FBC. It was like confirmation that things were moving in the right direction (after a few necessary false starts)!
Why Fit Brit Collective?
Despite what most people think, the ‘Brit’ in FBC isn’t me. It’s YOU! Well, the British people, or British expats (myself included), who are keen on self-progression and happen to like fitness as a platform to learn more about ourselves and realise our potential for strength and happiness in the process. Clients and press have coined FBC with a few taglines in the past, like ‘SW London’s fiercest and friendliest fitness family’, but what stands out to me is always the ‘family’ part.
We’re a community through and through. You won’t find hashtagged before- and after-pictures here, though. The FBC difference is our commitment to the mind-body connection inherent to exercise and to the psychological benefits of your physical training. After-pictures tend to only capture the way you look. We’ll help you love your look, but we care just as much about the way you feel! And as self-progression rarely starts at the beginning and never really draws to a close, we’re here to help you FIND YOUR STRONG through every chapter of your life. Always with the support of your family.
Just as I’m committed to whole-person progress for my clients, I am equally passionate about developing my skills and deepening my understanding of the body, the mind, and the most effective and exciting ways to train them! I regularly update my qualifications as well as committing to ongoing personal study and practice.
- MA English Literature – University of St Andrews
- Diploma in Magazine Journalism – National Council for the Training of Journalists
- REPS Level 3 Personal Trainer – Fitness Industry Education
- Level 3 Ante & Post Natal Exercise Adaptation – YMCA
- Level 3 Diploma in GP Exercise Referral – Train Fitness
- Level 3 Sports Conditioning Coach – Train Fitness
- Level 3 Business Skills for the Fitness Professional – Train Fitness
- Level 3 Outdoor Fitness Instructor – Train Fitness
- REPS Level 2 Fitness Instructor – Fitness Industry Education
- Level 2 Circuit Training Instructor
- Group Indoor Cycling Instructor – Train Fitness
- Emergency First Aid – London First Aid Training